TAIPEH, Dec 12 – As promised in his previous Facebook post, Taiwanese filmmaker Doze Niu recently appeared at the Da’an Precinct of the Taipei City Police Department to undergo investigation over accusations of sexual assault previously filed by a female worker of his new movie, “Pao Ma” (working title).
As reported on Mingpao, the director, who stepped out of the station a couple of hours after questioning, shared with the media that he will do his best to cooperate with the investigation and await the result.
“This should be a fair trial. But the truth is, there is a public trial already in progress and I have been sentenced to death. Doze Niu is dead,” he said.
Earlier last week, a female worker of his new production filed a police report saying that she was sexually assaulted by the “Monga” director following a group meeting at his home.
On the other hand, sources claimed that during Niu’s questioning at the Da’an Precinct, he told the police that the alleged victim was his girlfriend and that he was perplexed as to why she accused him of assaulting her.
However, based on the online records of the alleged victim’s interaction with Niu via Line messaging app, the two of them had only simple greetings prior to the assault. She even turned down prior invitation made by Niu to go out for a drink.